[TenTec] Zero Beat an Omni VI

Mark Erbaugh mark@microenh.com
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 08:54:02 -0500

What is the correct procedure to zero beat a CW signal with an Omni VI or
VI+? There doesn't seem to be a way to get a spotting tone, unless I've
missed something in the docs. Currently, I'm trying to develop the ability
to tune by ear, but as I lack any musical ability, I'm using my external DSP
599zx box which will generate a spot tone.

Also, since I'm trying to develop my ability to tune by ear, is there a
recommendation for the audio frequency to be used? Currently, I have the
radio set at 750 Hz, but I've seen comments that lower might be better.

73,
Mark