[TenTec] Re: Delta II ELECTROLUMINESCENT

caitlynmaire@earthlink.net caitlynmaire@earthlink.net
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 17:54:57 -0500

On Fri, 6 Dec 2002 09:01:39 -0500
"Scanandoah, Alan" <ascanand@harris.com> wrote:

> Orange would be way cool.  It would be almost reminiscent of
> glow-in-the-dark radios like my CR88.

My electroluminescent strip is kind of an aqua/medium blue color.  I
remember my previous Delta II was greener in color.  I believe my strip
isn't original, and I have a spare.  If someone came up with a
reasonably priced place for alternate color strips I'd be interested.

The display and the keypad layout and feel are my least favorite things
about the Delta II.

FWIW, my antennas came down or were damaged in the ice storm we just
came through.  The tower is at a 20 degree angle and is down to a single
guy wire, but it is still standing after being hit by four falling
pines.  I've already talked to a friend who is going to organize getting
many of our local club members back to normal and my tower will be fixed
soon.  In the meanwhile, the Delta II is a pretty but isn't get much
use.  Oh well...

73,
Caity
KU4QD