[TenTec] Pegasus line out

Rich McCabe rich@1967z28.com
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 10:20:06 -0600

This is something I have thought was odd since I received my first =
Pegasus. The standard cable that came with the Pegasus to connect the =
line out ( to the soundcard iin my case) is a stereo mini phono. Without =
tearing apart the rig, is the jack really stereo and if so what is the =
purpose?=20
=20
If I connect the cable to something that is mono it bridges the left and =
right together and attenuates the output.=20

I made up a special cable with a stereo plug on one end and only wired =
up one channel. This seemed to work the best.=20

What started this whole process was I started picking up RF in my =
speaker and after tearing the shack down and checking everything found =
that wiggling the line out plug made it go away. So there was some type =
of bad connection.

I am interested in anyones thoughts on this process? Depending on my =
mood, I either run a pair of Pegasus using one as a sub receiver or a =
RX-320 as a the sub. So I always have two audio streams to deal with.

73,

Rich
kd0zv

multipart/alternative