[TenTec] PTO temp compensating cap?

Clark Savage Turner csturner@slonet.org
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 13:54:58 -0800

I have tried a few things to clean up the drift in my Corsair PTO
(physical rebuild, resolder all connections, re-work the physical
connections and hardware, replace varactor diodes, check crystal
oscillator to eliminate it as the cause...)  The poor thing goes over 1
KHz in the first hour and keeps going after that.

Now I think maybe there is a bad cap in there.  I am going to take out
the board from the PTO tomorrow, does anyone know which cap is the one
used for temp compensation?  I have a box of compensating caps (borrowed
from a friend) and can experiment with a couple till I get things right.

Also, if anyone has a spare PTO (I know I sold my spare to someone out
there, want to give it back ?  hi ) - I would consider just replacing
this one for now.

Clark
WA3JPG