[TenTec] Triton IV question

john johnmb@nc.rr.com
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 11:42:01 -0500

I'm wrapping up rebuilding the PTO in my Triton IV analog (what a
DIFFERENCE getting that old grease out makes!), and finding it a very
likeable rig once again. This particular one is in great shape, seems to
have most all options, and has the external VFO, the 160M convertor,
ammeter and the TT PS. My question is
whether TT made a matching extention speaker for this rig? The down firing
deal is not the last word in fidelity or usability, and I wonder if TT
addressed this with an accessory speaker?

Any other Triton IV owners out there that can comment on the overall
performance of this old rig?  Shined up, its a real beauty, and there
hardly any marks on the rig (even on the metal aluminum bottom panel).

Best
John wb5oau

---