[TenTec] Inconsistant RF output from Omni 6+

Mike J Maloney ac5p@juno.com
Wed, 25 Dec 2002 12:17:46 -0600

Just wondering if it is common to not get 100W RF out on all bands?

Recently I purchased an Omni 6+ with a 962 ps.  I am still getting
familiar with it.
I am not able to get 100W on 30M without exceeding 20A Ic or tripping off
the 962 supply.  I connected a different supply, one that has a DC Amp
meter, and ran the tests below into a 50ohm dummy load.   I used an old
Dentron W2 Wattmeter, which compares very closely with a Bird 43
Thru-Line.   I increased the "PWR" pot to obtain 20A Ic or 100W out
whichever came first in the CW mode.  The DC input amps are shown for
interest.

	Freq.	Ic	Pout-Wrf	Adc input from ps

	1.825	20	70	16.5
	3.512	18+	100	16
	7.035	20	100	16.5
	10.115	20	80	17
	14.03	17	100	15
	18.15	18+	100	16
	21.02	20	73	17
	24.89	19+	100	16.5
	28.47	20	90	17

Can anyone explain wats goin on here and why DC input amps are always
less than Ic?
The last TT factory service invoice from 02/00 says "RF OUTPUT AT 150
WATTS WHEN CHECKED".  It does not say what freq(s) and at what Ic?  Does
anyone actually get 150W out from their Omni 6, and what causes set to
loose RF output?

Tks, 73
Mike, ac5p