[TenTec] How to get 200 watts on 30 meters?

Wes Cosand wz7i@arrl.net
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 15:22:28 -0500

I love the 30 meter band.  There is some good dx on the band that really
wants to chat instead of just exchanging reports.  But I also love my
Paragon and I would like to be able to put out the 200 watt allowed power
on the band.  I also have a Titan that sits on the desk unused most of the
time.

Any ideas on a good way to get that extra 3 db?  What about one of those
"no-tune" solid state amps like SGC with an RF attenuator inserted between
the rig and amp?  I would miss the QSK function.

I know some of you will think this is crazy but I would find those db's
useful at times.  (And I am not trying to push the envelop of legality.)

Wes, WZ7I
Wes Cosand, PhD
6299  Route 413
PO Box 349