[TenTec] Dot Mystery Solved - Documented

Jimmy D. Roller jdroller@naxs.net
Tue, 05 Feb 2002 09:36:05 -0500

Ah John,

The mystery is not completely solved. In my shack, all my "store bought"
boxes have the orange dot. The 2m FM xcvr and general coverage receiver
which I built from kits have the black dot. However, the two T-KIT boxes
that I also built have the stylized "T", a WHITE dot and "KIT" as a
logo. The mystery of the dots only deepens. The three different color
dots have completely different rise and fall times, but my untrained ear
cannot discern whether they are within specification or not. On
occasion, one or more of the dots has actually winked at me, but my
untrained eye cannot see the waveform when this happens. With an apology
to a distinguished operator in WEST Virginia, "Sometimes a dot is just a
dot".

73/CUL,

Jim, N4IR   dit dit