[TenTec] Stuff for sale

Steve Weber kd9bo@mac.com
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 17:41:21 -0600

Due to recent medical issues, I am reluctantly turning toys into bill
payments.  I thought I would offer this stuff to the my fellow TenTec
fanatics before listing it elsewhere.  I have digital pictures
available.  Just ask and you will receive.

TenTec Omni D upgraded to series B, with 1.8 and 0.5 khz filters and
matching 252 MO power supply and connecting cable.  Xcvr has very
clean front panel and cover, but some creeping crud on the heat sink
and back panel.  Power supply has some paint scrapes on the front
panel, but otherwise very nice and clean.  $500 for the pair with
manuals.

TenTec 229B roller inductor 2KW tuner.  This is the one styled to
match the original Omni series.  Very nice condition physically and
electrically with no major cosmetic flaws.  $250.

TenTec microphone model 215.  The dark gray banana mic that matches
the Omni B. Pretty clean but the paint is worn off where it drops
into the included desk stand.  The cord outer covering is cracked and
split at the mic end. $50.

TenTec keyer model KA-40.This is a somewhat unique item because it is
essentially the KR-40 without built-in paddles.  It is in the
original box with original documentation and Allied Radio stock
label.  I have never seen another one so it is either rare or just
plain weird!  $50.

TenTec 160 converter model 240.  This is the gadget that puts your
540/544 Triton IV on the top band.  I bought it in a fit of
exuberance, but since I don't have a Triton IV, I can't hook it up to
see if it works.  The guy I bought it from said it works.  If it
doesn't, I will take it back.  $75.

Hi-Mound / Lafayette? bug.  Real nice condition.  A little tarnished
but there is no evidence of damage or repair.  The cover is missing,
but they always are.  $60. New covers are available from Morse
Express for about fifteen bucks.

Heathkit solid state dipper model HD-1250 in original carrying case
with all coils.  Very good condition.  $75 with manual.

Shipping and insurance from NW. Indiana not included.

Selling this stuff will help me continue to indulge in the twin
luxuries of sleeping indoors and eating.

Thanks
--
Steve Weber

I want to know how God created the world.
I am not interested in this or that phenomenon,
in the spectrum of this or that element.
I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details.

   --Albert Einstein--