[TenTec] MARKET OR COST PROBLEM WITH omni v?

Steve Ellington n4lq@iglou.com
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 18:03:22 -0500

"can you tell me if you think I've priced it too
high"

Well let's see.....here's what people see when they look at the archives
(your postings).

1. You just bought it last year.
2. It's been modified
3. It has label stickers on the buttons.
4. Static seems to be worse on this rig than on other rigs per your post
9/3/01.
5. The noise blanker isn't worth a hoot, you imply.
6. You want $1,800 for the whole outfit.
7. Fact; You can buy a lot of brand new rigs for the same or less money
8. There are multitudes of Omni 6+'s showing up on the used market for
around $1,600.

Priced too high? Yes! You spent too much money on an old rig which is fine
if you intend on keeping and using it for years to come and if there's
something so special about an Omni V that you simply can't live without. I
would say your price is about 2X too high. Possibly you could sell the rig
striped down then sell the other parts separately.

Steve Ellington
N4LQ