[TenTec] OT: DSP mentor wanted

Mark Erbaugh mark@microenh.com
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 07:20:40 -0500

Since the new TT radios are DSP based and since I am interested in
developing computer soundcard based DSP software for my Pegasus, this really
isn't that far off topic, but...

Is there someone who would be willing to correspond with me off list to help
me learn the fundamentals of and how to program a computer soundcard do
implement DSP routines? I've purchased the new ARRL book on DSP and read
through it, but it's been so long since I've used calculus and complex math
that I'm a bit rusty and unable to derive some of the equations. Also, some
of the statements in the book are mentioned as if they are obvious, but
they're not obvious to me.

I'm a professional programmer, but my programming is usually for database
and business systems. I'm open to discussion in any programming language and
am familiar enough with C or C++ that I can muddle through those, but I will
be developing in Borland Delphi, which is based on Pascal, which is the
language I use for work.  I'm also interested in developing for Windows.

My goal would be to develop routines that make it easy to implement support
the current soundcard modes, particulaly PSK31 and SSTV and for new modes as
they are announced. I know that suitable software for most of these modes is
usually available for free, but I'd like to learn to do it for myself.

Please reply off-list. However, if you're interested in seeing this
discussion on-list, let me know. If there is enough interest, I'd be happy
to keep the discussion on-list.

73 and thanks,
Mark, N8ME