[TenTec] Next filter?

DK2GZ@aol.com DK2GZ@aol.com
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 15:29:07 EST

Hello Tom and the TenTec user group

I am using  TenTec 500 and 250 in both zf.
Also the 1.8 at 6.3 Mhz(generally for rtty)

I use the following setup:

          500 HZ in 6.3 Mhz  20 meter and above

          2 times 500 Hz on  40/80/160 meter

The 250 HZ in 6.3 is quiet goods when the bands are crowded on 40/80/160
during contests.

During the CQWW 2001 I used in 98% of the qsos on 80 meter the stacked 500 HZ
filters.
The receiver was fantastic on 80 meter
(did single band, with a quarter wave vertical, without any sep. receiving
antennas)

I think the 250 HZ in the N1/N2 position is not much difference, often switch
from 500 to 250 HZ in the
N1/N2 position, but there is only a very light difference.
First thought I got two 500 HZ in the N1/N2, hi, but there is a difference,
but very light!

So I think the last filter to buy is might be the 250 Hz for the N1/N2
position.

I often thinking about to buy the Inrad filters for 400 and 250 at 6.3 and
the Inrad 400 Hz for 9 Mhz, but
if you have all the Tentec stock filters like me, it is quiet expensive, if
you dont have the TenTec filters already
maybe it is worth thinking about the Inrad filters.

73 es HNY de Harry, DK2GZ, K2GZ