[TenTec] re: pegasus internal tuner

Ken Brookner kenb@brookner.com
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 09:38:34 -0800

when  using the internal tuner with my pegasus, with the resultant incorrect
swr meter readings, i noticed that my power supply groaned some on the
higher bands.  very unscientific observation!  but, my feeling was that the
pegasus was drawing more current.  as mark observed, with the internal swr
meter not performing correctly, at least on the higher bands, there was no
way for me to tell exactly what the match was or if i was subjecting the
pegasus to some unusual 'stress.'

for me the bottom line was that this was an ill-conceived add on by someone
either at tentec, or ldg, or both.  it apparently wasn't tested well and the
ridiculous answers provided me by tentec, such that i shouldn't worry about
the errant swr readings, came as a shock.  the fact that no official fix has
surfaced for this problem leads me to believe that no one but mark, carl,
and i bought the upgrade :), and that it's not a big enough satisfaction
issue for tentec to address.

these things happen.  that really isn't what steamed me.  i was really just
disappointed in tentec's response, or lack of, to the problem.

i believe that both tentec and ldg make fine products (i now have the
external ldg tuner and i love it).  i'd buy from either again.  this time, i
think the ball got dropped.

73
kenb