[TenTec] Triton 544 + Accessories

Jim Reid jimr.reid@verizon.net
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 19:01:50 -1000

Hi guys and gals,

Still raising funds to pay for my new Ten Tec set up(Pegasus+
RX340 rcvr!)

For collectors of early Ten Tec HF gear from the  '70's,
I offer a Triton Digital 544  (s/n 00753) with remote 242 VFO
(for split operation) and the af/rf/af voice speech processor,
the 234, and the matching TT mike, the 215P;  and the model
240 160 meter converter!  Manuals for each  unit, included.
(I think I have the pamphlet "manual" for the 240,  but not
certain I can still lay my hands on it,  hi).

The 544 PTO was rebuilt at Ten Tec, 3 Nov. '99,  rig re-aligned,
switches and pots  cleaned, total operation checked  out; invoice
and TT signed check out sheet included.

I have never seen boxes which appear as "new" as this 544 and
external 242 VFO do;  I suspect they have actually seen
very little use(ditto for the 240).  I used them essentially not at all.
I had TT Service re-build the PTO as the "grease" had obviously
gone dry after all these years.  I first ordered the rebuild kit from
them, but when I saw it was to be a "watchmakers" job,  sent the kit
back along with the rig and asked them to do it,  hi.

The 544, 242 VFO, and 240 converter are as  close to "pristine
condition", collector  quality gear as you will find in 20+ year old
ham radio stuff,  hi.  Really in great shape,  the front panels appear
as new (as does the rest of the case)!  Excellent lettering,  colors, etc.
The speech processor, the 234, and the matching mike, the 215P
are not quite so "pristine",  but look ok and do work, at least they
did last time I used them.  Never got great comments about the
sound of the processed audio from the 234,  but I guess it did
increase the average output power,  however.  Of course,
you don't  have to use the 234,  hi.  Collectors seem to like
to have it!

Will ship the entire package of '70's era Triton gear to the
first $450 offer;  will use Fed Ex Air Economy from out here
on Kauai,  so you will have the entire package in  2, 3 or 4 days
depending upon your QTH over on the US mainland.  Don't
have TT shipping boxes,  but I talked to Paul at TT Service
today;  he said to just wrap everything separately in  lots of
bubble wrap,  and all would fly just fine on Fed Ex.

I thought I was "collecting"  this stuff,  but actually see
no purpose now in continuing.  No one out here cares!!
Sort of the same reason I have stopped worrying
about DX QSL cards; nobody cares how many DX
station "entities"  I have worked,  including my wife!!
So,  if they are in my log,  that's fine,  don't need
the card on the wall anymore, hi. Anyway,  I am
getting older also.

Such a deal!

73,  Jim  KH7M
On the Garden Island of Kauai