[TenTec] Re: [Ten-Tec] ALERT ON TT ver. 1.11

Joe Malloy jmalloy@hamilton.edu
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 16:00:43 -0500

Gang, I've got 1.11 loaded and have used is for a day or so and the best
thing I can say about it is that I don't notice it (!).  I started using the
Pegasus GUI software to control my Jupiter and find that it's a mixture of
ease of use (imagine just pointing and clicking your away around the bands
or frequencies you frequently frequent!) and "hardness" of use (tuning the
rig or setting the speed of the keyer is a real pain), so I'm not too sure
I'm going to continue to use it.  But all is running tickety-boo here!

To suggest that Ten-Tec would purposely sandbag Carl's software is, of
course, quite ridiculous, it was just an error, that's all, and I'll bet the
fix is up within a short amount of time.  It may have been frustration on
the part of WA3HVP that caused him to say that, but rest assured, if Ten-Tec
doesn't fix it, *I'll* do it (and to do so would first entail learning
something about the programming language used; the only one I recall at all
is APL!).

73,

Joe, W2RBA