[TenTec] Pegasus Questions

Jim FitzSimons Jim FitzSimons" <cherry@getnet.net
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 20:35:21 -0700

Ronnie, I am sending this direct also since I have trouble posting on
the Ten Tec list.
My answers are below.
Jim W7ANF

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ronnie Davis" <ke4vpn@yahoo.com>
To: "Ten Tec Reflector" <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2002 15:05 PM
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus Questions

> Hello
> I am thinking about buying a Pegasus and I would like
> to know what the group thinks about these questions.
>
> What is the best way to put the Pegasus on PSK31?
I use N4PY control software and MixW sound card and logging software.

> What is the best logging software to use with the
> Pegasus?
>
> How could I use the Pegasus and use the keyboard to
> send CW? or can it be done?
MixW supports keyboard QSK CW. I use the AUX PTT to key the Pegasus
in CW  mode. It is the same serial RTS interface that is used for psk31.
I use the BuxComm RASCAL psk31 interface for both psk31 and
keyboard CW.

> Will there be a problem sitting the Pegasus right
> beside the PC and the monitor?
There is no problem have the monitor sitting next to the Pegasus.
My monitor radiates a little like most any monitor does. The Pegasus
picks up the monitor from my antenna not direct.

> Is anyone using an outboard DSP filter with the
> Pegasus?
MixW has a seperate DSP filter as a option. I do not use the
seperate DSP filter, just the DSP used to decode psk31 and
CW.