[TenTec] Omni VI instability on 160

Dale L Martin kg5u@hal-pc.org
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 08:05:31 -0600

Recently my radio returned home from Ten-Tec service after some power output
work.

They checked all connectors and that apparently was the problem because they
could not duplicate the loss out power output I experienced during ARRL SS
contest (0 power out after a few minutes of operating).

I discovered during the North American QSO Party CW contest that signals on
160m are extremely unstable.  All sigs on 160 are wavering in frequency all
over the place.  This was consistent across the band.  80-10 were very
stable.  Only 160 exhibited this.

Rather than go through sending the radio back for what may be a simple fix,
I thought I would pose the problem to the reflector and see if anyone else
has experienced this on 160 (or any other band) and what, if any, resolution
there was as a fix.

Thanks and 73,

Dale L. Martin, KG5U
kg5u@hal-pc.org