[TenTec] Hi SWR!?!?!

Robert bigmack@usa.net
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 01:09:15 -0600

Yeah, I tried all sorts of different coax situations, then I went from the
Yagi to a 40/30m sloper attached to the tower. I was able to tune it down
to a very low swr using the 218 tuner, but when I put the power to it, it
got up to about 85-90 watts and then it just shut down... Guess I will be
calling Dolly Parton land tomorrow... I have been soooo happy with the
solid performance of the rig... *sigh*

At 12:51 AM 1/24/2002 -0600, Stuart Rohre wrote:
>Best guesses from here, bad coax, or coax connector, or bad diode in Omni
>own SWR sense circuitry.  I think they have SWR sensing and not just
>magnetic circuit breaker like the Corsair?  check any adapters for missing
>center pins too, if one fell out you would have high swr, but higher than
>you are seeing I would think.
>GL 73,
>Stuart K5KVH

Robert McAdams