[TenTec] all bands 1 box

N4ZN - n4zn@email.ro
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 16:48:15 +0200

<snip>

I want the ability
to monitor (both audibly and visually) 4 or more bands
all at once, and to work with them completely
independently of each other.

<snip>

So, I’m now in the process of
transitioning to an all transverter based approach to
my VHF/UHF/SHF weak signal operations.

My question is, how do you now monitor all the bands at once both visually &
audibly? Unless you are running each transverter into its own slave HF rig, you
can still only operate with one band at a time.

Just wondering if I was missing something.

I've never been able to justify the transverter approach here, as opposed to
another rig. When comparing the price of, say, a 746 against the cost of a
transverter and a VHF amp to get me up to 100 watts... I'de have to say it
seems to me that the 746 would be the way to go... and I'm not tying up my
normal HF rig to now do VHF work thru a transverter.

See how I lost your reasoning?

73 to the group
Mike/N4ZN

Do you want a free e-mail for life ? Get it at http://www.email.ro/