[TenTec] New Pegasus Control Software Tool

Mark Erbaugh mark@microenh.com
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 16:37:41 -0500

I have developed a Delphi (a Windows programming language) component that
should simplify the task of developing control software for the Pegasus (
and hopefully, the Jupiter ). The component isolates the complexity of the
interface and makes programming the radio a simple (?) matter of setting
properties and calling methods of  the component.  For example to set the Rx
Frequency to 14.230 MHz, you can simply write Pegasus.RxFrequency :=
14230000;

In the true spirit of ham radio innovation, I am making this component
freely available. I hope that others can use it to create control programs
that incorporate new features

The component is now ready for beta testing. I have started the
documentation. If you would like a copy of the component and /or the
documentation, please drop me an email.

The technical details. I wrote the component using Delphi version 5, but you
should be able to compile it with any 32-bit version of Delphi (except maybe
Delphi 2).  The source code will be distrubuted under the terms of the GNU
GPL.

73,
Mark