[TenTec] Administrivia: Replies to List or to Sender?

Ron Notarius WN3VAW wn3vaw@fyi.net
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 21:43:32 -0500

Based on what we just went through setting up DX CHAT over on the NJDXA site
(which by default was reply-to-list at first), I vote to leave things here
be.

73, ron wn3vaw

Go Steelers!

----- Original Message -----
From: Jim Lowman <jmlowman@directvinternet.com>
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2002 8:17 PM
Subject: [TenTec] Administrivia: Replies to List or to Sender?

One of the members of this list brought a potential problem to my
attention today.

As I have the list configured, the default reply is to the sender
and not to the list.  So, if someone hits the "reply" button, the reply
will be direct and not to the list.  In order to reply to the
list as well, one would have to use the "reply all" button.

It's possible that I may need to re-think this decision.

I'd like to get some additional input on this.

There are pros and cons to the issue.  Everyone has seen replies on
the list that would have been better directed toward the original
sender of the message.  On the other hand, we often see requests that
replies be sent to the list, so that many can benefit from the info.

Let me know what you think.

73 de Jim - AD6CW