[TenTec] RE: 516... or why the Orion is more exciting

KD3PC KD3PC" <kd3pc@mindspring.com
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 14:21:25 -0500

John

I think you hit the nail on the head in your second paragraph for a lot of
us.  The 516 will appeal to the QRP'er, who may not want all the computer
stuff ala Pegasus or Jupiter.  The other reason it may work IS the price,
not all of us have $3-4K plus accessories to spend on a rig.

I am hoping that the 516 will still have the quality and support that the
"big" rigs have and the Orion may actually allow the OMNI-VI to be
affordable to the dollar challenged like myself for us to upgrade.  Not new
but still a great rig.

Thanks for sharing and listening.  I too hope the Orion makes it out this
summer and is as good as it sounds on paper.

dave
.