[TenTec] Help pse Titan Amp

Fjx1@aol.com Fjx1@aol.com
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 23:19:20 EST

Hope someone can help me.
Using a Titan (old model) and Yaesu 1000MP (ran it with
with Omni V years back).

This problem just popped up.
Was running cw QSK and noticed no output on linear.  There is plate current.  What happens sometimes is it
keys and then after a couple of letters, the power drops to zero.  The exciter is still putting out.
In the tune mode it keys although sometimes there's a delay before i get output.
Tried it with the Yaesu in MOX and it works fine, normal output.
Are there 2 relays in the Titan and one is dropping out in QSK? I hear one when I key it but only get continuous output in MOX not VOX.

I'll sell the 1000mp when new TenTec is out but need Titan help now.

Tks,
Gerry  K1NY