[TenTec] Fwd: Topband: More About Clix

George, W5YR w5yr@att.net
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 09:49:30 -0600

The Icom IC-756PRO has rise and fall times on the keying waveform
selectable from 2 ms to 8 ms. I have verified by scope examination of the
r-f output waveform that these numbers apply to the actual output signal
waveshape.

It should be no problem for any PRO to be operated with the
ARRL-recommended 5 ms rise and fall time if the user desires.

I use the 2 ms setting as I prefer a "hard" keying sound. Thus far, I have
never received any report of key clicks or other keying anomolies using
that setting.

Based upon this gentleman's report, however, I will monitor the PRO keying
on another receiver and also double-check the CW output bandwidth with a
spectral estimate of a string of dots.

72/73/oo, George W5YR - the Yellow Rose of Texas
Fairview, TX 30 mi NE of Dallas in Collin county EM13qe
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 56th year and it just keeps getting better!
QRP-L 1373 NETXQRP 6 SOC 262 COG 8 FPQRP 404 TEN-X 11771
Icom IC-756PRO #02121  Kachina #91900556  IC-765 #02437

All outgoing email virus-checked by Norton Anti-Virus 2002