[TenTec] 40 Meter QRP T-Kit Transceiver

duffyb01@fuse.net duffyb01@fuse.net
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:40:01 -0500

Looking for information from folks who have built the 40 meter (or other T-Kit) transceiver.  I just picked one up used and it seems to work just fine, but I need to change the frequency coverage.

The coverage seems to start around 6.980 and goes to about 7.060.  I would like to change the range to something that starts around 7.025 and goes up from there.  I find the alignment details to only reference procedures to be done while the kit is being built.  Anyone have alignment procedures to an already built kit?

The other thing I noticed when I ventured inside the unit, is that removing the cover changes the received frequency range (did not check to see if it also varied the transmit frequency range, but I suspect it does).  I could change the range by raising and lowering the units cover almost like I was tuning the rig.  Is that normal?  If it is, how do you align it when the cover is off?  Very puzzling.  Thanks for the help that anyone can provide.

Regards,

Duffy - WB8NUT