[TenTec] Jupiter Keying

H. M. Motley, Jr. hmmjr@erols.com
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 17:21:51 -0500

I tried out a previously owned Jupiter for a week.  I received mostly
good reports on the CW keying; however, I did get a couple of reports
from old timers who said the keying sounded harsh. They couldn't really
put their finger on what the problem was but said my Paragon and Delta
II both sounded much better.  Since I operate 100 per cent CW and I
respect the opinion of these guys I returned the Jupiter. I had planned
on replacing the Delta II with it.

Overall,  I liked the Jupiter once I got use to it's cheap looking and
feeling knobs and it's quirky method of changing bands and modes.  For
the price I could live with little things like that but I can't live
with a rig whose keying is worse than my older Ten Tecs.

Has anyone made an attempt to change the keying on the Jupiter or
Pegasus?

Puck, W4PM