[TenTec] More About Clix

Steve Ellington n4lq@iglou.com
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 18:08:37 -0500

Dear JT:

Your application for ear training has been accepted.

(begin)

Train your ear by establishing a clean point of reference then find a way to
alternate between the reference and the test model. It is much like learning
the code. We should listen to perfect code and judge other fist by that
reference.
In my Pegasus testing, I used a receiver to monitor carriers from the
Pegasus, Omni C, Omni V and IC-706. All except the Peg had pure tones. The
Peg sounded rough and interestingly, you could peck on the Peg's cabinet and
hear microphonics in the monitor receiver. Using the 706, I was able to zero
in on the particular oscillator in the Peg that was generating the noisy
waveform.
So Peggy went back to TN. The engine-ears had all kinds of trouble hearing
it too. After a few days of ear strain, they gave the rig to a local, had
him transmit while the listened on another receiver. Behold, they finally
were able to perceive the flaw. After a few more days, a confession came
forth that all Pegs were guilty and I was readily granted a refund.
The 30 free trial is one great deal!

(end of training)
No test. Class dismissed.
Steve Ellington