[TenTec] circuit breakers ???

Michael Melland w9wis@charter.net
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 19:01:57 -0500

You need an Airpax Snapak Magnetic breaker.... the original supplier to
Ten-Tec.  I have found the best price at Poco Sales in California.  Seems
like they were about $9 +/- last time I bought some.  They have a minimum
order of $25 so find a pal that needs one too.  Airpax has a $500 minimum
order..... Ward Marine sells them but they are the "slow" version of the
breaker and are too slow for adequite protection.  I have seen both
"instant" and "fast" breakers as Ten-Tec original.  I use the 20 amp "fast"
breaker with Omni V/VI+ and have never had a problem... also, Paul Clinton
at Ten-Tec told me a few years ago that the fast breaker is fine and might
be better as you won't get "false" trips if you are transmitting into a
higher swr.  Apparently the "instant" breakers are very fast trip.

Here is exactly what you need:

Part Number: T11-1-20.0A-01-10A-V
Handle/Style: Paddle/Toggle
Number of Poles: Single Pole
Configurations: Series Circuit Breaker
Frequency - Hz: DC-50/60HZ
Delay: Fast DC-50/60 Hz
Cross Calibration: DC Circuit
Voltage: 32DC
Rated Current: 20.0amps
Handle Color: Black
Outer Hardware: Black Knurled Nut
Indicator Plate: Vertical Mount
Terminal Adapters: No 6-32 Screw Terminal Adapters
VDE approval and CE compliant

This is for the "fast" breaker.  If you want the "instant" breaker
substitute a "0" for the "1" after T11-.  If you want a nickle knurled nut
substitute "-11A" for "-10A-".  If you want an 18.0 amp breaker substitute
"-18.0A-" for "-20.0A-"

http://www.pocosales.com

Regards,

Mike