[TenTec] Scout Help

- AE0Z@compuserve.com
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 11:10:52 -0400

I just acquired a very nice Scout and have a couple of questions...

Is it normal to have some "feedback" thru the speaker when you modulate the
unit with the microphone (occurs in antenna or dummy load).  The garbled
speech in the speaker does not go up and down in level with the RX volume
control.  It is not noticeable unless you are within a few inches of the
speaker... I haven't tried headphones yet.... but believe it would be heard
in them as well.  Maybe there is a mod for this (I think the unit I have is
fairly old)

Is the PTO knob usually fairly "stiff"?  (Possible is this an intentional
drag to keep things on freq during mobile operation, etc.?)

So far, I am well pleased with the little rig and am attempting to acquire
the WARC band modules for it.

Tnx for the bandwidth,

Allen Bush, AE0Z