[TenTec] Scout questions

Tom North tomnorth@airmail.net
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 12:50:57 -0500

Well, to the first question, I think not; at least mine does not do that =
and I've not heard on one that does until now. What happens when keyed =
(CW)? Have you contacted TT?

The tuning knob has drag. A 'feature' of the design ;-) It should not, =
however, be stiff. One finger may slip if tuned 'across the top' of the =
knob. Two fingers should tune it easily.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this little rig for what it is and what it =
does. I worked most of the US and Italy, Slovakia and that part of the =
world last tripto MN, barefut with a trap dipole. Neat portable rig with =
excellent QSK and enough controls to make it work and do so simply.

Good Luck es 73,
Tom North,  N5OZQ

"Is it normal to have some "feedback" thru the speaker when you modulate =
the
unit with the microphone (occurs in antenna or dummy load).  The garbled
speech in the speaker does not go up and down in level with the RX =
volume
control.  It is not noticeable unless you are within a few inches of the
speaker... I haven't tried headphones yet.... but believe it would be =
heard
in them as well.  Maybe there is a mod for this (I think the unit I have =
is
fairly old)

Is the PTO knob usually fairly "stiff"?  (Possible is this an =
intentional
drag to keep things on freq during mobile operation, etc.?)"

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---