[TenTec] Scout Help AE0Z

Leigh DuPre' kz5od@hiwaay.net
Tue, 02 Jul 2002 23:52:40 -0500

Allen,  I have had a Scout as a mobile rig since 1994 and it is a wonderful
rig.  I also had the noise on transmit trouble you are experiencing.  I
determined that it was the TenTec mike that came with the rig.  I sent my
mike back for credit and have been using a Radio Shack CB hand mike ever
since.  I like the Radio Shack CB mike so well that I bought another one
and put the element in my D104 for my base rig which is a Delta II.
Regarding the PTO knob: It is not free rolling like some of the rigs with
counter weights.  It moves freely enough that I can tune up and down with
my thumb on the front edge of the knob and my fingers resting on top of the
rig.

Enjoy the Scout, I sure do.
Regards,  Leigh KZ5OD