[TenTec] Paragon II pricing.

Mike kc8wr@bright.net
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 12:24:56 -0400

I already deleted the message about the Paragon and Paragon II production
numbers.  But if it helps, I was at TenTec on Tuesday and they have a really
nice looking Paragon II in the used equipment case for $1150.00  Seems like
a good price for such a nice rig.  And as the other message stated you just
don't see them for sale very often.

Stan is chomping at the bit to get his hands on a 516 to take home a try!
And they now have some preliminary specs for the 516 receiver.  I talked to
him briefly about the Orion.  When I mentioned specs for the receiver and
generally the rig overall.  He got a REALLY BIG SMILE on his face.  Just
said it was going to be really a nice rig!  HMMMMMM.  Its alway interesting
to talk to Stan or Scott about these new rigs.  They both smile a lot!
Makes a guy wonder!  And from what I saw...they are VERY BUSY!

It also sounds like there are a lotta people ready to buy the new Orion and
the 516 QRP rig.  He said the first production runs of BOTH rigs were nearly
SOLD OUT!

Mike - KC8WR

PS.  The TenTec hamfest should be very interesting this year.  See ya there!