[TenTec] Circuit breakers

William F. Mansey; WA2PVK res0wsci@verizon.net
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 22:10:59 -0400

Hello All,
    I investigated Poco Sales and they do have the Airpax circuit breakers
and there is a $25.00 minimum order.  I ordered enough to exceed the minimum
order so that I can use some for other applications in addition to
protecting my Ten-Tec gear.  I have two Astron 35 amp power supplies and
each has a 75 amp sealed rechargeable battery "floating" across the output.
These batteries are "Power Sonic" #PS-12750 and they are designed for this
purpose.  I would suggest NOT trying this with batteries not so designed as
there could be some UGLY side effects - Especially at these current levels.
    This arrangement works very well and certainly does provide
un-interrupted power.  In this application the batteries act like enormous
filter capacitors and offer significant protection from voltage spikes. It
is my intention to replace the fuse, and use an Airpax breaker,  between
each battery and power supply as well as one between the battery and
associated radio.  (rigs connected directly to the batteries NOT to the
power supplies)
    The person who responded to my inquiries, and subsequent order, (at Poco
Sales) is Gregg Porter.  He has been more than helpful enough and he is very
pleasant to deal with.   Price for the Airpax T11-1-20.0A-01-10A-V is $9.00
    73 to all;  Bill  WA2PVK

---