[TenTec] Orion Specs?

Jim Reid jimr.reid@verizon.net
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 12:44:36 -1000

Bill,  KC4ATU,  wrote,  in part:

> Sit back, and watch the big three try to match it.

Have a look at the rumors about a coming Icom
IC-785 rig;  speculation is a front end similar
to the Ten Tec RX-340.  That is,  no narrow crystal
filters up front,  but a very "strong" and linear RF/IF
chain right to the DSP.

See:  http://www.qsl.net/kk5dr/rumors.html

Or maybe something similar is  coming
to what Jim Scarlett, KD7O describes in the latest
issue of QEX (July/August) about high performance
DSP transceivers,  see pg. 35 and the following.
I wish the Orion to be as Jim describes in his article!

Also note Doug, (KF6DX) Smith's article in the same
issue on improved dynamic range testing,  pg. 46.

Very interesting times we now have.  And I also
eagerly await the Orion specs and user results!

73,  Jim  KH7M