[TenTec] maintenance on 238 roller?

Jay Bromley w5jay@alltel.net
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 20:57:01 -0500

Clark and gang hi,
I love DeoxIT products from Caig Laboratories.  But, I would KEEP it away
from any RF switches though.  I made this mistake on a MFJ tuner once and to
make a long story short I was very sorry.  Arches and sparks everywhere.
When they say improves conductivity they mean it!

Using DeoxIT on 30 plus year old pots, I have never had to touch them again,
ever!  They move like glass now, but I would not use them on RF switches or
on inductors.  The oxide is probably silver oxide on your roller inductor
and will not hurt the operation of your 238 one bit.

DeoxIT is the best stuff on the market for restoring old pots, bar none.
However use with caution on everything else!

Gud luck--

73 de w5jay..