[TenTec] Omni VI interface

Ron Feutz feutz@wctc.net
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 00:50:16 -0500

Reflectees,

I finally hooked up my laptop (Win 95, TRLog v.6.68) to my Omni VI+
tonight. After a few stumbles, everything seems to be working, except I
can't QSY with the shift keys. I know RIT won't work with TT, but the
manual makes it sound like the shift keys should allow QSY.

I have SHIFT KEY ENABLE = TRUE

My interface does not have the 1,4 and 6 pins shorted, as shown in the TT
manual. I am using a double female DB9 cable with a serial port adapter,
which doesn't jumper the 1,4 and 6 pins together. Is this my problem, or
doesn't the QSY function work with the Omni?

Also, I tried everything on baud rate = 9600, and all seemed to work ok,
and it seemed to communicate faster, but the frequency was no longer
displayed on the computer. Any comments?

Thanks,

Ron - WA9IRV