[TenTec] Re: [Ten-Tec] New 60 mtr band

KE4TEG ke4teg@bellsouth.net
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 20:26:24 -0400

We should not start pointing fingers at Ten-Tec. They never said the Omni
VI was 60M ready or upgradeable. As none of their older radios will be
either. Only their new rigs support instead band adds.

And now for the obvious, the reason you bought an Omni VI in the first
place is its crystal filtering and tuning. No artificial noise floor caused
by synthesizer noise to cover up the weak signals. That has a price and
that price is it is next to impossible to add additional bands unless they
were planned for and actually already built into the radio.

The guys that bought radios before the WARC bands were available were in
the same boat when they were added.

73 Keith
de KE4TEG