[TenTec] astron blows regulators

George, W5YR w5yr@att.net
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 23:29:49 -0500

Clark, there is a mod recommeded by Astron and the CAP for floating a
battery across a supply for emergency power purposes. Apart from isolation
diodes and adquate fusing, this mode inserts a 10K resistor in the input
line of the 317 regulator if I recall correctly.

Check out the CAP or Astron sites and see what you can find.

73/72/oo, George W5YR - the Yellow Rose of Texas
Fairview, TX 30 mi NE of Dallas in Collin county EM13qe
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 56th year and it just keeps getting better!
QRP-L 1373 NETXQRP 6 SOC 262 COG 8 FPQRP 404 TEN-X 11771 I-LINK 11735
Icom IC-756PRO #02121  Kachina 505 DSP  #91900556  Icom IC-765 #02437