[TenTec] Fast Service

WA2BPE wa2bpe@infoblvd.net
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 21:36:17 -0400

Soon after I had bought a 586 some years back, I called and complained abt
a 60Hz hum in the speaker.  They had no answer to the problem so I found it
myself - was a 1" piece of braid from the speaker wire shield to the
cabinet they had added to eliminate EMI pickup resulting in a ground loop.
Replaced the braid with three disc ceramics in parallel - no EMI, no ground
loop.  While it was open, added MOVs to the AC in - TT had no problems with
what I did - maybe because my solution to a problem cud be added to their
"fix" list??

73,  Tom - WA2BPE