[TenTec] Another question on Scout

KE4TEG ke4teg@bellsouth.net
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 09:15:50 -0400

Hello Shawn,

Another ham and myself looked into converting a 12 or 30M Scout module into
a 6M module for the Scout. It seems that it is not worth the effort due to
the Scout PA and some other issues. The PA is not designed for use at so
high a frequency so it has little to no RF output at 50 MHz. Another
problem is the huge amount of bandwidth available for Amateurs to use on
Six Meters. We even got some pointers from the factory as to other problems
when I asked about used 12M plug-ins for possible conversion to 6M use. It
is a great idea that many hams have most likely thought about, but it is
just not in the cards for this great little rig.

Enjoy your Scout. 73 Keith
de KE4TEG