[TenTec] Re: N1MM Logger

KE4TEG ke4teg@bellsouth.net
Thu, 06 Jun 2002 14:27:11 -0400

Hello All,

Hostile! So why are you being hostile? By the way Glenn, I believe I was
the first person to respond to Brian's inquire week's ago at the beginning
of the original thread. I have put down nobody's opinion or software. I did
make a comment that the shareware was lacking what Brian was looking for in
the first place, Ten-Tec rig control.

There was no tone in my E-mail. And LOGic 6.0 is just an example (and I
happen to use it after trying two other commercial logging programs). There
are plenty of excellent Logging programs out there, the point being that
90% of them are worth paying for. And that you should
"buy"             what you need if it is not available as Shareware.

And yes this is a Ten-Tec reflector. I believe you will see the words
Ten-Tec Rig in my first sentence. And Brian's question was about logging,
but mainly about rig control. That rig being a Ten-Tec. So that post does
belong on this reflector. And this is a contesting reflector and I see all
kinds of other posts on it. At least mine has to do with both, Ten-Tec rigs
and contesting. I.E contest logging software that has Ten-Tec rig control
which is what the initial thread started as.

And to finish this off, I did not use any capitalized words in my prior
post. It had no tone, other then what Brian and you read into it. Brian
asked for good logging software with Rig control. He received advice from
me and several others. Then he chose/wants to use a shareware program on
his own that did not have Ten-Tec rig control. That was my only comment. If
your looking for Ten-Tec rig control from a logging program, don't chose
one that does not have it. And don't waste my time as well as others
choosing shareware that will not do what one asked about and then complain
about it. That's all I was saying. I'll write future replies in the third
person so nobody feels they are being attacked. And do not bother starting
up about this reply, I am very thick shinned and took no tone from anyones
reply. I am just correcting your assertion that the thread (you joined in
late) did not belong on the reflector. Only this reply and the post you
placed don't really belong on the reflector.

Oh, by the way, I also use Heil headphones. Hi hi. Feel free to talk about
them all you want. In this great country, we all have different opinions,
tastes, preferences, styles, and Ham equipment. That is what makes us great
as well as making for a great country to live in! Can you image living in a
country like pre-1980s Russia? No choice of rigs and no Ten-Tecs for sure.

Take-care everybody and do not "read" anything into E-Mail that is not
there. Remember it is E-mail with all the trappings. No body language, no
vocal inflections, and no facial expressions to get a read from.

73,
Keith de KE4TEG

At 01:20 PM 06/06/2002 -0400, Wa4aos@aol.com wrote:
>I thought the reason that we have this particular reflector was to ask
>question and discuss issues relevant to Ten Tec gear and it's
>functionality with regard to other equipment, software and so forth. I
>thought W8BYH's question and subsequent questions were appropriate and
>well with in the spirit of what this reflector is all about. I was VERY
>disappointed with KE4TEG's hostile response and his obvious interest to
>promote his favorite program while damming the rest. Maybe KE4TEG should
>spend less time putting down others and a little more time trying to help....
>
>73,
>GlennWA4AOS

multipart/alternative
  text/html