[TenTec] Motel/hotel rooms @ TT hamfest

Walter AG5P walter@cowboy.com
Sat, 08 Jun 2002 19:41:30 -0600

Rob, the Sevierville area is a huge tourist gathering
with Pigeon Forge, Dollywood, etc, plus an indecent
amount of shopping centers and stores.

Many of the T-T hamfest group stay at the Hampton Inn
as you are first coming into town. It is possibly the
closest motel unless you are counting some of the
older hotels in the downtown. Personally I want a
reservation, because it is close to Ten-Tec and you
are there Friday night and Early Saturday morning
and (best of all...hee hee) it bypasses the shopping
centers. So, to answer you, I would get a reservation
confirmed, you never know what special event is being
attended at the same time of the TT hamfest. If you
don't have an Atlas for Tennessee, then you might want
to get on mapquest.com and print you up some maps and
get the motels figured out. Also if you get on
google.com and type in Sevierville,TN you will get lots
of hits to research.

The first TT hamfest was big for a company sponsored
event, but the second one last year was Huge. I hope
this year's hamfest doubles the last year attendance.
Hope to see you there!

73...Walter, AG5P