[TenTec] Orion Performance Specs

Jim Reid jimr.reid@verizon.net
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 09:20:07 -1000

Dennis, N5UF wrote,  in part:

> > Hello All, I saw the Orion and spent some time with Scott.
>>  He says  that the hardware is stable and that the pacing
>>  item is the  Software.....  4 prototypes have been assembled
>>  and 6 more are in the works. Time  frame  is still September/October.
> >
> > I have a preliminary Data Sheet....

I suppose that the final specs will be based upon the "typical"
performance of the above 10 units?  Maybe max and min specs
based upon the "worst" performance among the 10 units,  with
typicals somewhere near the "best" numbers from the group?
Is that how it is done??   Or,  I guess amateur gear really
does not carry "guaranteed" max/min specs,  just typicals.
Notice that on the present TT rigs spec pages there is a
note saying that the specs may/can change without notice.

How to know what exactly one is buying with a top line rig
purchase?

73,  Jim  KH7M