[TenTec] Ten Tec has great customer support!

Stuart Rohre rohre@arlut.utexas.edu
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 17:05:21 -0500

Even when the customer makes a goof!
I had been opening up my 1254 Superhet kit receiver to take care of an audio
problem, and forgot how the front panel display board not only plugs into
the mother board, but is anchored by pot nuts to the two control pots.
Well, sad to say, I unplugged or tried to, and the pots were overstressed.

I was just going to pick up similar pots from a distributor here, or at Ham
Com, and found only one pot in stock locally.
And not exact size.  At Ham Com, was tied up in forums, etc., so did not
thoroughly cover flea market and what parts vendors I found had only larger,
or smaller pots or not quarter inch shaft types needed.

Scott came to my rescue, saying they had such customer experiences before,
and he would send me some upon his return to Tn.  Sure enough, I got two new
pots in the mail, and now can proceed to the original reason for opening the
radio!   Well, the manual is now commented with disassembly notes!
Should have made a note upon noting the extra secure assembly method at the
building of the kit.  It is easy to forget how something goes together, even
if you built it!
73,
Stuart K5KVH