[TenTec] Adding band to Omni D Series B

Mike Hyder -N4NT- N4NT@chartertn.net
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 23:00:07 -0400

The Omni-C is not a good rig to use on 17 meters because it uses a 9 MHz IF
and consequently puts out spurs on that band.  The Omni-B is not good on the
17 meter band for the same reason.  The Corsairs and the 580 Delta are good
rigs for 17 meters.

73, Mike N4NT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim English" <te@usol.com>
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2002 10:52 PM
Subject: [TenTec] Adding band to Omni D Series B

> I have an Omni D Series B here that has 30 meters on the band switch and
12 meters in the AUX position. My question is this, can one had 17 meters to
this rig also ? Are there coil packs in the aux position or could one simply
replace the aux crystal with one for 17 meters or even add a toggle switch
on the back to switch 2 crystals into the aux position ? I'm just grasping
at straws here. I am a recent newcomer to Ten Tec gear and am hooked. My
Corsair II is the best CW rig I have ever owned.  Any help would greatly be
appreciated.