[TenTec] Jupiter QSK

Paul Christensen w9ac@arrl.net
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 13:32:34 -0400

> > Jupiter. I might be ready to replace my FT-1000 MP MK V if the qsk is
> > as good as the Triton's and Omni-C's I've had.

I dusted off my Triton IV for the Field Day weekend and found that although the QSK is good, it still doesn't beat the Omni Six or
Pegasus in terms of the T/R turnaround time.  If I go past ~ 20 WPM or so with the Triton, I loose the receiver between elements.
Is this normal for the Triton?  With the Omni Six (with modifications) and Pegasus, I get up to well past 40 WPM before things fall
apart.

In all other respects, the Triton is an absolute joy to use (especially with the N4LQ side-tone mod).  The only thing missing on the
Triton is selectable crystal filtering like the Omni C.

Paul, W9AC