[TenTec] Heil Proset & Jupiter

bharen@bellsouth.net bharen@bellsouth.net
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 20:03:55 -0400

Field Day taught me several things, one of which is that logging while using a hand mic is a big pain.  Sooo, I'm looking at purchasing a Heil Proset.  However, I'm hesitant because of reports I've seen regarding the Heil's ability to drive the TX audio in the Jupiter.  Before plunking down cold, hard plastic I'd appreciate some comments from any Jupiter owners out there who use the Heil Proset (the regular version, not the Pro).  Does it work for you?  Any problems/issues? Which is better, the 4 or 5 element?  Any other info you can provide is much appreciated!

73!

Brian
W8BYH

(BTW, the Jupiter performed like a champ during FD.  Over 12 hours of continuous operations using N4PY's software in the Jupiter Logging Mode.  No hitches, no glitches.  Interfaced just great with HamLogger.  The CW guys loved the radio.)