[TenTec] What's with the 526 (6N2)?

Larry Gibbs amishbuggy37@yahoo.com
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 18:11:51 -0700 (PDT)

About eight months ago I started planning for six
meters. Got my Mosley beam, but was waiting for a rig
before installing it. The rig I was planning on was
the 6N2.

All that is on hold because of the lack of comments,
particularly favorable ones, on that rig. The main
complaints I have heard are having to cycle through
memories in only one direction, numerous birdies,
problems with the FM and repeater section, and a cheap
main tuning knob. On the other hand, there have been
general (non-specific) words of praise from those few
who say it is a "great rig."

The overall number of those who have commented is
probably no more than five or six. One person sent his
back; another couple have sold theirs for very good
prices. What gives? Is this rig any good or not?

Larry, W3UIO