[TenTec] Pegasus mike gain

Rich McCabe rich@1967z28.com
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 20:29:10 -0500

First, I want to say thanks to those who responded a couple weeks ago to my
"sick Pegasus" post.

It did turn out to be leaky finals as most people replied. Unfortunately Ten
Tec would not send a PA unit out and it had to back for service. The rig is
less than a month old and I never have been able to get the vox to work so I
ask them to check it. It returned with the slip saying VOX checked OK.

Well I still cant get it to work !

I am running a Heil Classic mike and I have heard complaints that the Heil
does not drive the Pegasus well.

I had talked to Service before it went back and they suggested turning up
the internal gain. Where is it?  I looked and did not see anything obvious.
There is a tiny unlabeled trim pot near the header that the mike connects to
on the board but I do not see anything else.

Couple other gripes !

1) It would be nice if Ten Tec would use decent screws on the case and not
the kind you hold McDonalds happy meal toys together with. I am going to
replace them so I am able to get them out next time.

2) It would also be appreciated if the would return the rig the way it left.
I added a small piece of coax internally to the aux jack so I could run the
RX-320 as a second receiver. It didn't work when it came back and after
fighting the above mentioned case screws I find the wire is gone. Geez guys
if you are going to remove it, at least leave me a note saying you did. Oh,
I forgot it is against Ten Tec policy for the tech to write anything
substantial on the return ticket.

That said, they still are my favorite radio company :)

Any help on the mike gain location?

Thanks,

Rich