[TenTec] eham centurion 0 review - suggestions for eHam

Duane Grotophorst n9dg@yahoo.com
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 18:57:29 -0700 (PDT)

A comment on Phil's question he posed in response to

 --- Phil Duff <na4m@arrl.net> wrote:

> Not sure what you mean here....  perhaps some kind
> of consolidated product
> rating by reviewer??

What I have already suggested in a private email to
Phil is to add a review page link to easily show all
other reviews done by the same person's review that
you are currently looking at. This way you can quickly
see a reviewers style/habits/brand grudges if they
have done several reviews, .... adds a small degree of
accountability. Brand grudge bearers and blind
loyalist will be easier to spot quickly.

The other key item I suggested was to add a mechanism
to allow reviewers to come back amend their own
original reviews over time. This should be limited to
only adding data but not deleting any of it from
earlier posts. This over time would bias the amount of
information contained in the reviews toward the long
term users of a product, ... as it should. This should
also greatly reduce the multiple reviews of the same
product by the same person problem they now have on
eHam.

These changes would help make the eHam product review
system fairer to all brands, which is what we all want
after all isn't it?

Duane
N9DG